
The month of May was a fun one - first the mini-marathon, then the Indy 500. Aaron and I went to the race with some of our best friends, and had a wonderful time. It was an early morning, but tailgating is important... PRIORITIES! :-)
So, off we trekked to the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway. For those of you who have never visited the IMS, you really must - there's nothing quite like it. It's one of those legendary sports venues that leaves you a bit awestruck. This year, the track took on an entirely new meaning for me, after having run the 2.5 miles around it during the mini - the longest 2.5 of the race if you ask me. But I digress...
We had great seats on turn 4, which is a great spot at IMS to see traffic coming and going. As part of our tailgating fun, we all picked a couple of drivers to cheer on during the race. Aaron happened to pick a gentlman by the name of Helio Castroneves... The winner. I was doubly pleased by this, as Helio drives a Penske Racing car. Mazak Corporation, one of my most fabulous clients in lovely Florence, Kentucky and the largest machine tool builder in the world, is a Penske Racing sponsor - if you look closely as the cars are zooming by, you can see 'Mazak' on the front wing stabilizer of the Castronevez and Briscoe cars. Pretty freaking cool.
Anyway, we had a wonderful time. It was a long, hot day, but totally worth it. Long live the Indy 5!
Woooot!
Oh, and for those of you wondering... Yes that is a muscle shirt Aaron is wearing.
2 comments:
Am I the only one reading this? C'mon folks...Somebody must have some comment on the "strongest man in the world's" muscle shirt. Cool! Personally, I get all weepy eyed when Gomer Pyle sings "Back Home in Indiana". I also heard AMG is now a Harley Guy!!!I expect to see some roady pics real soon!!Beer in hand...! Please wear the muscle shirt!!! Mama K
Hahaha! Down with muscle shirts!
Post a Comment